Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lovely Inside and Out

Lovely Inside and Out

One of the saddest things is what happens when we look in the mirror and immediately go to negative emotional judgments about our appearance. 

We think we are too this or not enough that. The color is wrong, the size is wrong, the placement is wrong. Oh, how heartbreaking that we cannot see our bodies as a manifestation of divine beauty. 

Why am I lovable? How am I good-looking? What makes me feel attractive?

We buy into commercial ideas that we have to look a certain way to be attractive, even if it looks creepy. We buy into commercial ideas that we have to fit a little mold of what’s right, even though it’s subjective and based on commerce rather than well being. 

When we tune into media, we are bombarded with images that don’t look like us, we are deluged with words that shame, or degrade, or insult. It’s everywhere; magazines, TV, Internet; any place that has commercials. We are given messages about how we should look, how we should feel if we aren’t “standard.” We start to think that everyone but us is doing X and we are somehow flawed for not, or else we do it, and then wonder why the magic fix didn’t happen. 

Why would I feel desirable? What makes me look good? How am I lovely?

You are a manifestation of divine beauty. Your appearance is a reflection of your perfection, and you are lovely. 

When I relax into my natural life, my inner light shines, I feel radiant. When I am able to shut off my inner critic, and feel my true self, I am luminous. So are you. 

And that’s a really cool thing. When I am living in my natural life, I really see you. I see your beauty, I see your heart, I see your perfection. 

When we think of the people we love with all our heart, the qualities that come to mind may include how they look; how we feel when they smile at us, how we feel when they give us a hug, how we feel when they look thoughtful, or show us compassion. We love them for who they are with us. 

As we grow up, it becomes easier for us to see our luminous self in the mirror. We may make a face, but we change it to a warm and loving smile. 

In fact, this is a nice thing to do every day. Smiling at our own reflection, a real, crinkly-eyed, tooth-baring smile from the heart can set our day on a nice path. Smiling from the heart brings our perfect self closer to the surface. And as we sally forth into our day, with love and gratitude in our hearts and a smile on our lips, people will treat us differently. They will see that light, and be drawn to it. 

Smiling at our own reflection can heal a lot of stuff inside. It can help us feel more forgiving of our mistakes. It can help us feel more compassion for ourselves. It can help us trust our instincts more. 

How have I changed from doubting my attractiveness to owning my divine beauty?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 051414

How do you feel when you feel lovable?

If you found something here worthwhile to you, please interact with the page by clicking +1 or sharing. Thanks. Why do you choose?

No comments: