Friday, May 02, 2014

Perfect Self

Perfect Self

What do you excel at? Where do your strengths lie? How do you know you are great?

Ooh! Great? We kind of aren’t supposed to think we are great, at least not out loud. We have this thing around being full of ourselves, or tooting our own horn, arrogant, haughty, vain, smug. Ew. I bet you guessed that’s not the kind of great I’m talking about.

That kind of doesn’t come from the inside, but is a veneer slicked on over an insecure self. If I need to make you feel small, it’s usually to try to divert you from how small I feel.

I’m talking about that feeling of being great that is at our core. I mean, think about it. You are a miracle, just by being born. Then, all the amazing convergences that had to happen for you to get where you are right now, with your special skills and insights, your amazing heart, your contributions.

It boggles the mind.I mean, think about it for a bit.  Are you boggling yet?

To find your greatness, go within, Grasshopper.

How do I excel? What makes me superb? How am I successful?

My life changed in a very tiny, profound way a million years ago, when I was sitting quietly, minding my own depressed and vaguely suicidal business, and suddenly had the image and momentarily complete understanding that, at the very core of my core being, I was/am/and forever will be perfect. Not pretty good, or swell, or even really neato, but actually, flawless, limitless, perfection, and so is everyone else. All the flaws, all the shortcomings, and faults, defects and lapses are like so much crud that accretes around that perfection. It’s still there, and the more we address our crap, the more that perfection can shine through.

How do I know I am perfect? What makes me see I am fantastic? How am I wonderful?

The more I use my good Creative Questions, the more I choose to relax, refresh, restore, the more I am aware of that core of perfection. The more aware of it I am, the more I like to nurture it. The more I nurture it, the higher the frequency I am vibrating at, to use a kind of woo woo image, cuz it’s all about the vibes. As my normal frequency shifts up, I become more attractive to others with higher frequencies. My relationships are more satisfying and cozy, my activities and tasks are more in line with my purpose. I like to take care of me, and of you, I tend to sleep a bit better, and wake up looking forward to my day with energy and at least a good attitude, if not actual joy.

And, yes, some mornings I wake up cranky. Or exhausted. Or blue. Sometimes I get really P.O.-ed. Or super sad. Some days  I make dumb choices, and see me doing it and can’t seem to stop it. But it’s getting better every day.

And at my core is my perfect self.

At your core is your perfect self. Your miracle of creation self. Your unique, glorious, infinite and divine perfect self. At your core you are radiant, luminous, beneficent, and supremely peaceful.

It’s all inside.

How have I changed from pretending I’m okay to connecting with my perfection?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 05022014

If you found something useful or interesting, or just nice in this contemplation, please +1 and share. Thanks. How do you feel when you make a difference?

No comments: