Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finding the Win

Finding the Win

One of my most precious beliefs has a few pieces to it. II believe that one of the reasons I am here is to be the best me I can be.  I believe that the Universe is benevolent. I believe that the Universe gives me what I need to be the best me right now, and to become the best me I can get to. I believe that everything that happens in my life brings me a gift, sometimes many gifts, and part of my task is to find those gifts.

What do you think about that?

This may be one of the most profound paradigm shifts I’ve experienced, that of looking for the gift in everything. Especially since my whole way of being was playing victim/martyr.

Why can I choose? Why would I choose positive? Why do things go my way?

Ok, that last question can be a doozy. Especially when it seems like things are bad. That’s the time to bring out your favorite Creative Questions.

How do I benefit? How does this situation bless me? What makes me see the good?

When I look for the ick I will always find it. People are selfish, or hateful, or cruel. Life makes us suffer, things are bad.

The same way, when I look for the blessing, the good luck, the gift, I also will always find it.

Well, finding stuff to feel grateful and appreciative about changes how I see the world. No matter what is going on, I can find something to feel thankful for. I have a mind of infinite possibilities. I have a good imagination. I am creative, and brilliant, and I can use these super powers to create my reality.

Remembering that you can’t disappoint me, only my expectations of you disappoint me, is a profound thing. Remembering that you are doing your best, that you are a divine and infinite being who also wants to live a nice life, lets me feel compassion for you. Once I feel compassion, I can relax about you, and I can relax about me, because I know those things are true about me, as well.

How am I healthy? What makes me feel well? Why am I strong? How am I soft? Why would I choose to go with the flow?

When I choose to flow with what is, I stop resisting it, and I stop clenching. I can choose easy, I can choose relaxed, I can choose to live my natural life. When I stop fighting, I can choose to see the benefit, I can see the limitless support available, and I can feel how all of my world is there for me. I feel like it matters that I am here, I feel my place in the world.

Winning and losing are, more than anything else, attitudes. I can look at my current situation, and think, “As someone who is dedicated to creating a healing space, I am a failure.” Or I can look at my current situation and think, “I have a shining opportunity to learn about me, about wellness, about healing, and about finding the joy in anything. I will be better and stronger, wiser, and create better, more wholesome spaces, because I choose to flow with this.”

How have I changed from fighting the loss to relaxing for the win?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 06172014

No comments: