Sunday, July 06, 2014

Releasing the Clench

Releasing the Clench

How good are you at relaxing? How do you feel about trusting? How what do you think about taking responsibility for your own well being?

Something remarkable happens when we put those three things together. The more I relax, not just my body, but my thoughts and emotions as well, the more I trust the Universe, or my higher power, or whatever I want to call it, the more I trust that what happens in my life benefits me in some way, and the more  I take charge of my attitudes, my beliefs, my thoughts, the happier my life gets. From the inside out.

I like to feel happy. I think you do, too.

Why am I happy? How do I feel when I trust? What makes me choose?

Relaxing is an interesting thing. I’m not talking about lying under a tree daydreaming at clouds, although that’s nice. I am talking about paying attention to when we clench up, and consciously choosing to relax that clench. Over and over and over.

Believe me, I know what I’m talking about with this. I used to hang my shoulders off my ears, if you see what I mean. I clenched my bottom, I clenched my abs, I clenched my jaw, I even clenched my toes. Owie. Heaven knows what all that clenching did to my insides!

I had a lot of clenched thoughts, too. Wrong ideas about stuff, and totally locked in with them. Wrong ideas about me (not good enough, bad person, selfish, incapable, victim, for example.) Wrong ideas about you, and I won’t even go into those! Wrong ideas about health and wealth and joy and on and on.

All I had to do was relax those ideas a little bit, create a tiny bit of room for doubt, and then come up with a better thought, a cleaner thought, a higher-vibration thought, and let it wiggle in. And then reap the benefits of my new thought. Oh, my.

What if I am wrong about sickness? What if I am wrong about being poor? What if I am wrong about how people suck?

What if I am wrong about how much I suck?

How could I be good enough? Why would I be okay? What makes me a gift?

Why would I enjoy radiant health? How do I live in abundance? Why would I like people?

Wiggle room, relaxing, trust. My responsibility. I can’t change you. even if I am your mom. Sometimes, I can influence you, I can model good behavior for you, I can choose to let go of my negative emotional judgments and I can choose how I will respond.

Wiggle room. I can choose to relax into my natural life. I can choose to soften, to flow with my life, and all that soft, all that relaxed, makes room for joy, makes room for bliss. It makes room for my happiness to flow into my life from my core.

How have I changed from clenching tight to relaxing into happiness?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 07062014

No comments: