Friday, July 11, 2014

Shining Success

Shining Success

How would your life change if you felt successful every day? Would you carry yourself differently? Would you try new things? Would you step up for other  things than you do now?

The more we relax through and through; our bodies, our feelings, our thoughts, the more successful we become. Like so many other fun, comfy, exciting, rewarding things, being successful is one of the things that just happens when we relax into our natural life.

Why am I successful? How things go my way? What makes me see the good?

It’s a funny thing. When we feel like a failure, we can often find that, underneath the feeling, we are resisting success, bogging ourselves down with bad creative questions. Why am I a failure? Why am I unlucky? Bad creative questions like these  keep us stuck. We often find that we are so used to asking bad questions like these that we don’t even notice we are asking them.

When we ask questions like those, we will miss opportunities to be successful. We may sabotage our results, we may trip ourselves up, and even get ourselves in trouble.

Oops.

When we ask questions like those, we may find that we even sabotage our own success, or when we have it, we discount it. How sad is that.

It bears talking about a bit more, that tendency we have to discount the nice stuff. One of the best ways to practice enjoyment is to enjoy our moments. Savor the pleasures we encounter each day; the delicious breakfast beverage, how nice it feels to clean our teeth, the bird song, the smile from a random person on the street. Letting these little things in, taking an extra moment to enjoy them, to appreciate the little nice things that happen each day, helps us build our enjoyment muscles so that we can let in our successes, and really feel good about them.

Why do I savor? What makes me appreciative? How do I enjoy?

Practicing like this on the little stuff means that I get used to little successes, little pleasures, little enjoyments, and gradually they build until I can tolerate bliss. I know it sounds weird, but it’s true for a lot of us. I know if I had been thrown into bliss back in the dark ages, I would have just shut down. Now I can sit in bliss for ages. I love that.

Another thing that helps us in feeling more successful is relaxing around it. Sometimes we are striving so hard to achieve our idea of success that we miss it. We get ideas about what we want to accomplish, and as soon as we do, we are off planning the next campaign. We
never feel successful because we are always chasing that carrot on a stick, and assigning new values all the time. So we can have accomplished so much, and never feel it, never notice, and always feeling like we don’t quite measure up. Poor we.

The more I let myself get used to feeling successful, the easier it is to find places where that’s how I feel. I like feeling successful, and I will draw success to me, in that ol’ Law of Attraction way.

How have I changed from practicing failure to shining success?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 07112014

No comments: