Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Have the Power!

I Have the Power!

Claim yours now! Only one per customer! Life changing! Create happiness! Find love! Make millions!

Sounds good, too good? Nope, because it’s our personal power. When we acknowledge it, claim it, own it, everything changes, and the possibilities are amazing!

On the one hand, this sounds trite. On the other hand, it’s also a little mysterious. On the third hand, the more we act from it, the nicer, the easier, the more fun life gets.

What does claiming our personal power mean? It really isn’t mysterious, or magical, or complicated. We just have to do a few things.

We must take responsibility for our choices. That means letting go of the idea that I am a martyr to, or a victim of, circumstance, of abuse, of physical stuff, poverty, or anything else. I have circumstances that give me opportunities to grow in the ways that I need to grow. Taking responsibility for this can be challenging, especially when we are used to blaming. But it is hugely important.

Let me state this very clearly. I am not saying that I make my pain, of whatever variety; that is not what I mean by taking responsibility. Taking responsibility means that I consider my situation a gift from the universe to help me become my best self, rather than a punishment. Taking responsibility means choosing to look for ways to live my best life, and acting upon what I find.

What it means is that you might do emotional or physical violence at me, but I am no longer abused. I may want a larger income, but I am no longer impoverished. I may have challenging physical issues, but I am no longer victimized by my body.

I choose to respond to the world.
I choose how to respond to the world.
I choose, I decide, I commit. I act. Me. I own my responsibility for me, for my life, for my actions, for my choices.

And now I have claimed my power. And now, I am free.

Choosing to claim my power helps move me into my natural life. Why do I choose to claim my power? Why do I choose to be happy? Why am I satisfied? What makes me feel peaceful? Why do I choose to relax?

The more I choose to move into my natural life, the more of a leader I become. My attitudes and behaviors motivate and inspire others to be their best selves. My courage and faith show others the way to their confidence. My freedom from worry and fear, my peaceful core, and relaxed manner demonstrate how nice life can be. I naturally attract people who wish to live in the same kinds of ways, and we build communities together, and we change the world.

How have I changed from feeling helpless and hopeless to claiming my own?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 07302013

No comments: