Thursday, July 11, 2013

On Being Divine

On Being Divine

I have a little idea that I really like, namely, that we are are here, everything, to help the Universe resolve its birth trauma. I like the idea that we all fundamentally have the same purpose, and that each bit of personal trauma I resolve contributes to that goal. It doesn’t mean anything, it’s just a bit of poetry that makes me feel connected.

Like the idea that we are all made of stardust. So much prettier than saying “mud.”

Like the idea that we are divine creations. I love that. What it means to me is that I was born with inherent value. Inherent. Value. If I can’t feel it, I’ve covered it up, and therefore, I can uncover it. If I have inherent value, there is a point to my existence. If there is a point to my existence, there is meaning in my life. There is something important for me to do. Woohoo! I like to do stuff!

If I am stardust, I am a part of a bigger whole. That means I am always connected. Sometimes I feel disconnected. I feel lonely, I feel unsupported, I feel bereft. I feel angry and frightened. When I can remember how I feel when I feel connected, the sense of loneliness, and being unsupported fades, and I can find my bearings again. How do I feel when I am connected?

If I am a divine creation, I like to think that means I have untapped resources within me; resources I can probably get at. Resources that will help me accomplish my goals, imagine my dreams into plans; resources to help me live a life I wake up to in joy. How do I have the resources I need to live in joy?

Yeah, I like that idea.

If we are all divine beings that means a bunch of other stuff to me. It means that you are a divine being, too. It means that I can seek that in you, and chances are, if I’m looking for it, and attached to my DB, I will find it in you. Oh, how glorious is that! We are all members of the Divine Being Club! I wonder if there is a club song?

If we are both divine beings, that means that I can find a little extra patience for you on your bumpy days. Maybe you will find it for me on my bumpy days.

If we are both divine beings, we can lead each other, taking turns as our strengths show up.

If we are both divine beings, we can support each other in finding beauty, and joy, and light.

If we are both divine beings, we can remind each other that, while we can do anything, we can’t do everything, and sometimes we need to play, and sometimes we need to rest.

If we are divine beings, we are Truth. That means I don’t have to try to impress you. I don’t have to win your respect. I don’t have to do weird stuff to get your attention. It means, don’t worry, don’t intellectualize, and enjoy. It means I can relax into being my own, real Divine Being self, and start enjoying living my natural life.

How have I changed from thinking I have to prove stuff, or achieve stuff, or other stuff, n order to count, to knowing that I am a Divine Being?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 07112013

No comments: