Friday, October 04, 2013

Megabattle to the Death: Me vs Life -- Cancelled


Megabattle to the Death: Me vs Life -- Cancelled

Here is a simple truth. In fact, since it is true for everyone, it’s actually a Universal Truth with a capital T.. Life is easier, better, and more fun when we stop fighting it.

At the very bottom of it all, it’s all just energy. It’s not good and bad energy, just energy. We are just energy. Subatomic particles zazzing around in space, and somehow we are one of a gazillion results of that zazzing.

Reality is so loosey goosey.

Thoughts create things.

You have a lot more control over what you think than you think you do.

What?

This gets really clear when we are meditating. Thoughts flow through our conscious mind like clouds, lahdee lahdee lah. Every so often, one of those clouds is sticky, and we start to think on that thought. And we follow it down it’s particular path, with more energy, and judge it as good or bad based on our beliefs.

Thoughts become things.

Life is better when we allow it to unfold.

In my qigong practice, I let things flow. Sometimes I have a thought about the flow, sometimes I don’t. When “I” get out of the way, I have a wonderful time. Allowing my qi flow to flow, allowing my thoughts to flow. Allowing my life to flow.

I used to assume that life was somehow out to get me, to make my life hard. It was.

Now I assume that life is out to benefit me, to make my life better. It is.

To paraphrase Henry Ford, If you think life’s great or you think life sucks, you’re right.

When I trust that life is benevolent, and that it is affording me opportunities to grow and evolve, everything that happens in my awareness is an opportunity for my growth. If I ignore the lesson, it will come back bigger and more noticeably until it has to grab me by the neck and throw me to the ground. (I wonder why that seems to be the image I get re life giving me lessons I refuse to learn.)

When I allow my life to unfold, to flow, life gets easier, it gets kind of fascinating. So many of us take stuff personally in a negative way. When we flow with our life, we can take everything personally in a really positive way. What is the gift? Where is the lesson? Why do I choose to see the opportunity?

I want to be a grown up, with my demons faced, to the best of my ability, living in line with my gifts and talents, responsible for me and to you.

I want to live my natural life of happiness and joy and satisfaction and peace most of the time.

I want to create space all around me that is peaceful and safe so that have a place to come that feels great, and encourages your grown up self to emerge.

That’s nice.

How have I changed from fearing and hating my life to trusting my life?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 10042013

No comments: