Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Fountain of Daily Bliss

The Fountain of Daily Bliss

How do I feel when I am alive? What fills me with vim? Why am I vibrant?

You know, every single one of us has being alive in common. We also have being born, so we share that experience, going from liquid to air breathing. What a change that was!

Then we come to the quality of our lives. And that’s where stuff gets interesting. We get our circumstances, and then decide how we are going to go with them.

How do you live your life? Do you see your days as a chore to get through, slogging along in the mire of circumstance, weighted down by responsibility, and drained by the wants and needs of others?

Do you see your days as a string of blessings, opportunities, and challenges, nourished by the milk of human kindness, thriving in contribution to family and community, and growing in spirit and maturity and bliss?

I slide around on that continuum. Most days are toward the bliss end, fewer and fewer at the slogging end.

I will tell you, also, that some days it takes me some thinkin’ to scooch over to the bliss end.

Why do I choose to be happy? Why do I choose to be positive? Why do I choose lighthearted?

Feeling crabby, or grouchy, or a little scared, or anxious; those are familiar feelings to me. They grew up with me, kept me company. Thing is, they are not supportive or nurturing feelings. They chew on my nerves, suck the juice out from my immune system, and otherwise drain me on all fronts.

That means it is in my best interest, when I notice I’m in there, feeling one of those feelings, to break that habit loop. I need to change my thinking. Asking a good Creative Question is the fastest way to do it that I know of.

We all ask creative questions all the time, mostly bad ones. Why is it so hard? Why am I such a loser? How could it get any worse? Why don’t things ever go my way? Why am I so unlucky? A creative question is one with the answer built in to the question.

When we ask creative questions, our subconscious mind goes to work to find answers for us. Each time I ask, why is it so hard, my subconscious comes up with reasons for me.

When we think thoughts, our mind/brain converts the thoughts from thought energy to physical energy, and we read that as emotion. When the emotion is repeated often enough, we have a physical sensation. Depending on the flavor of the emotion, we end up feeling happy, or scared, angry, sad, surprised, contemptuous, or disgusted. Then we put thoughts on top of that, and that complicated soup becomes feelings. Wow.

Asking good Creative Questions shifted all that into a place of light. Where stuff can heal in safety, where topics can be addressed from a resourceful space. Where bliss can be a daily occurrence.

How am I tapped into the fountain of daily bliss?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 11122013

No comments: