Saturday, May 04, 2013

Emotional Alchemy


Emotional Alchemy

Have you discovered the six words of power than can change how you feel in an instant? Have you started to use them, practice time? The words that can shift you out from a funk and into emotional sunshine?

“How do I feel when I...?”

This is the Creative Question form that works directly on our feelings, helping us to change our feelings as easily as we change our socks.

It’s emotional alchemy.

How do I feel when I am happy? How do I feel when I feel creative? How do I feel when I feel peaceful?

How do I feel when I choose?

That one is the Queen of the Questions. That one is the heart of it all. Choice. When I claim my power of choice, my life begins to transform from a place of fear, and worry, and anger, and suffering, into My Life, where I am responsible for what comes in, what goes out, how I feel, how I act.

Using the “How do I feel” questions is simple. Ask them anytime. And for even more effectiveness, prepare a bit:

Take a moment to center yourself, relax your body, and take a deep breath. Notice how you feel.

Ask your question.

Notice how you feel different.

Repeat, if need be.

The sneaky truth is that we are choosing all the time. Either we, our conscious, aware selves, are choosing, or our unconscious, reactive, habit selves are choosing.  Wanna guess which self is making better choices?

Choosing to choose is an act of empowerment. Choosing to choose over and over makes it easier each time. Like practicing scales to play beautiful music, choosing to choose, and then choosing means that I am in charge of my life. Making my choices makes it clear that I am responsible for me, and it makes me respect my choices. It makes me take them more seriously.

Whether I own it, I am making all the choices in my life. Whether I own it, only I am responsible for my life, and my choices. Whether I own it, I am the source of my own happiness and well being.

I may as well own it.

How have I changed from ignoring that I choose to making my best choices with care and love?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 05042013

No comments: