Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Rejuvenation Jubilations!


Rejuvenation Jubilations!

Last night I stayed up too late. I was out with a dear friend. We had a little dinner, did a little shopping, talked a lot. I feel refreshed, even though I had less sleep than usual for a school night.

Rejuvenating.

I love that word, rejuvenate. It means to make youthful. And, while I love my wisdom, and experience, I also love to feel youthful in my body, youthful in my spirit, youthful in my learning.

So that begs the question, “How do I rejuvenate?” “What refreshes my spirit?” “What makes me feel alive?”

The more time I spend in my natural life, the more rejuvenated I feel. I make better decisions, it’s easier to remember what’s important to me instead of getting caught up in stuff. And, the more rejuvenated I feel, the more time I spend in happiness, satisfaction, and peace.

Doing things we love can be rejuvenating. I love my meditation practice. I love my qigong and kungfu practices, my Chinese studies, and I love writing to you. I love to play with my pets; the cats and the snails. I love to make music, and to spend time with my besties. I also love to spend time in my own company.

That’s a nice list. It took me awhile to compile it. And when I go into those activities with awareness and relaxation, I have so much fun, and I come out the other side feeling refreshed.

You know I like old saws. This one seems appropriate: You can’t fill a cup from an empty pitcher.

So, my dear, the question is, how do you recharge your batteries? Do you have a hobby you love? Do you like to exercise and generate your endorphins that way? Spending time in nature, or gardening, maybe? Prayer and meditation?

There is a little bit of magic that I want you to throw into your hopper. It’s our turbocharged, this-changes-everything question: Why do I choose?

If I spend my time here daydreaming about being somewhere else, I split my energy between real here and imagined there. Being in two places at once makes me so tired.. When I choose to be here, my fatigue melts away.

If I think of what I’m doing as duty or obligation, where I have no choice, I become a victim. When I choose to be doing what I’m doing, my boredom evaporates.

When I succumb to glum, my spirit gets all gummed up and really heavy. I feel low, my energetic frequencies vibrate a low level, I feel crummy, and then crummier. When I choose to be positive, and light, everything gets easier.  

How have I changed from just doing to choosing my doings with intention and commitment?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 05082013

No comments: