Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Unhobbling the Cash Cow

Hobbling the Cash Cow


Resistance. I know none of you have any kind of resistance to change, but I must confess that I do. Sometimes I think of it as my stubborn streak, and from time to time it does serve me well, but, well, it’s all those other times.


Today I drew the Cash card, and had a flare of “no!” show up. Resistance.


Resistance is a gift of ego. It’s ego’s way of maintaining the status quo. Ego likes the way things are. Ego will fight change all the way. Ego doesn’t care if you are suffering with the way things are, that’s the way ego wants things to stay.


So what do we do? Are we doomed to be flattened by ego over and over, never making progress, always feeling bad?


Of course not! (Play superhero theme music here.) Enter the Power of Choice!


Choice is the ego’s worst enemy. When we remember to choose, and then choose, ego is quieted. When we remember to choose, and then choose, we are powerful. We effect change. We create the world we want to live in, and ego be damned.


I have had resistance around owning a surplus of money. I have changed many aspects of this, I’ve made wonderful progress, and continue to do so. It is one of my ego’s strongholds. And the more crap I get out of my emotional basement, the more I notice it.


Creative Questions help so much to transform resistance into our desired change. When we find some resistance to a Creative Question we really want to accept, there are a lot of things we can do to soften our egos up.


We can add the words “would” or “could” to our Question. When I am working with a Question and I’m getting a “NO!” response to it, adding would or could to the Question makes just enough wiggle room that I often can dispel the “no” just that easily. And when I add the word, “else” to the mix, step outta the way, Sally!


Why else would I have a surplus of money? How else could I have my own savings? How else could I personally channel the unlimited supply of extra cash?


Powerful, dynamic, comfortable, easy.


When we decide to release our resistance to the possibility of a nicer life, we start to have one. When we decide to release our resistance to more enjoyment, we find it. We can find ourselves delighted with our transformation, and surprise ourselves with the ease of transition.


We can send our ego off to count the leaves on the trees, or grains of sand at the beach.


Owning that I am resistant is the first step. It is very different from saying, “I just can’t do it.” If you want, I will give instructions for a Creative Questions Acceptance Train exercise. Just let me know.


How have I changed from resisting something I think I want, to accepting the transformation with grace and joy?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 09102013

No comments: