Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Inner Mind Radio

I'm having fun today playing with the concept of Inner Mind Radio. IMR is that chatter in your mind, mostly thoughts, that runs constantly. I'm fortunate in that I get a lot of music clips, ear wigs some people call them, from my very large collection of music in my head. And I'm delighted that a lot of what comes through has been shaped by Creative Questions, so that I feel better for those thoughts.

I do, however, still get the harangues from time to time, which leave me feeling bad or stupid, or such like. Or I have the dialogues like I did last night over whether I should turn on the air conditioner or just use the fan. (The fan voice won, but I would have been more comfortable with the A/C! I will try to remember that this evening.)

Anyway, as I think about IMR, it reminds me of channel surfing in my car, and that reminds me that, while I can't control my thoughts, I can control my thinking. What will I put my focus on? Harangues telling me how much I suck? Or will I tune into a station that lets me know I am valuable and loved? Hmmm.....

What plays on your IMR? I would love to hear about that.

No comments: