Monday, March 18, 2013

Do It.

Do It.

“How have I changed from being abused to being honored?” How’s that for a dynamic question.

Creative Questions can help us change our experience of life that much; from abused to honored. Simply, completely. They are hugely effective, and all we have to do is apply them liberally to the affected area.

You know how I love to give instructions. It comes from generations of teachers in my DNA or something. So here are some useful guidelines for your Creative Questions, and giving them even more power! Zing! Pow! Bammo!

Be sure to phrase your Creative Questions positively. “Why do I have less debt?” is a bad creative question because of the word “debt.” “Why is it easy to pay my bills?” is good. “Why do I lose weight?” might be good, but many of us have a thing about losing stuff, in that we don’t want to, so for us, “Why do I gain slimness?” or “Why do I choose to be lean and strong?” might be better.

Once we have a Question we like, there are a bunch of ways to get it in there, so to speak. Remember, we don’t need to get answers when we ask Creative Questions. They sow seeds in our unconscious minds, changing mis-learnings, and giving us new choices of behavior.

We can post the Question around our world. On mirrors in eyebrow pencil, or those markers that write on glass. I like to write mine on mirrors, so I see them when I’m washing dishes, or brushing my teeth. We can put them on sticky-notes at our desks, on our walls or doors, on the dashboard. We can write them on wide rubber bands and wear them on our wrists. (I’ve got nice sets of fridge magnets with ten excellent Questions for sale. Let me know if you are interested.)

We can use the Question as a mantra during a walking meditation, or a seated meditation, repeating our Question over and over. (My friend Phil Rukavina, who is a brilliant lutenist, and I recorded a couple CDs of me reading Creative Questions, and his gorgeous lute music. It’s a very pleasant experience to just let it play. We’ve got those for sale, too.)

We can spend some time writing out our Question of the moment. Get some paper or a notebook that you might use just for writing out Creative Questions, and a pen or pencil. It is way more effective to write by hand, rather than typing.

Let’s say I want easy. I come up with my Question, Why is it so easy? Now, I add my name to the Question, Why is it so easy for me, Pam? I can use whatever version of my name feels right as I write the Questions out.

I write each Question three times, using the three pronoun forms; me, Pam; you, Pam; she, Pam. You, of course, would use your own name.  I use the four basic Creative Questions; the Why Question, How Question, What makes Question, and How have I changed Question for each set. I write a response to each question. If I get a “no!” or a negative answer to a certain Question, I will continue to write that variation, until I get a positive response.

I write my Questions every day for twenty-one days, or longer if I feel like I need to continue establishing that new habit. Then I celebrate my new behavior! Wahoo!

How have I changed from feeling helpless to exercising my power?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 03182013

No comments: