Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Resource Doubt

The Resource Doubt

I drew the Easy card this morning. I love Easy. Play easy, work easy, sleep easy, eat easy, love easy.

A lot of us don’t have a clue what Easy means. We struggle from the moment we awake to the moment we fall into restless sleep. Good things happen to us and we fight being happy. There is no sunny day for us that doesn’t have a rotten lining. And our clouds, well, we’d never even look for their silver lining.

Our minds, our thoughts are full of beliefs that hurt us. And when we are in pain, we exude pain, we scatter seeds of unhappiness. We seek out expressions on the faces of our loved ones of this shared unhappiness; frowns, worried foreheads, sorrow, pity, anger, the list goes on. I would much rather have a loved one’s face show they are happy for me, rather than feeling sorry for me, but they respond to what I give them. It’s back in my court.

So here is a super valuable tip, treasure beyond measure in our quest for a natural life of joy, and satisfaction, love, and abundance.

Doubt.

So often it seems like we are encouraged to banish our doubt; to have faith. Well, dear one, it isn’t an across-the-board thing. I need to apply both my doubt and faith with great care, and they will serve me with excellent results.

The best way I’ve found to practice Doubt is by using questions. I know, you are so shocked, yes? My goal is to dissolve my unsupportive beliefs. My goal is to eliminate my negative attitudes and behaviors. My goal is to live my natural life.

First, I need to identify an unsupportive belief: Life is Hard. That’s a good one. Or Suffering is the Human Condition. That’s another good one.

Second, I want to identify the belief I would rather be living. Life is Easy. Or I live in Joy. Those are both nice.

Third, doubt. What if life isn’t hard? What if life can be easy? What if it is my choice how I live? What if I can live an easy life? How would my life change if I lived easy? How would I feel if my life were easy? What makes me live an easy life? Why is it so easy? Oh, the glorious relief!

Here’s another example. What if suffering isn’t required? What if suffering is a choice? What if I can choose happiness? How would my life change if I didn’t suffer? How would I feel if I were happy? What makes me life a life of happiness? Why am I so happy?

Now, that question, “How would my life change if...?” is an important one to consider. We have our crappy, unsupported beliefs for reasons. Sometimes, we consider making a fundamental change, and we feel scared. There is good information there. Information about more unsupportive beliefs. Poking around in our beliefs, throwing out the ones that suck, and developing the lovely ones is really worth it.

The most important journey we can take is the one we take inside ourselves.

What makes me question my beliefs?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 03162013

No comments: