Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hooray For You Day!


Hooray For You Day!

So, how are you these days? No, I mean really. Because I know that some of you are so sick, and some of you are in so much pain; physical pain, emotional pain. Some of you have had desparate losses. Some have serious financial worries, or scary relationships. I do know that.

And I know how diligently you are working to make a nicer life, not just for you, but for your loved ones. Your strength and devotion fills my heart to overflowing. (Those are happy tears flowing from my li’l heart.)

You make such a difference to so many people. How do I know I make a difference?

We see your situation, and our heart goes out to you. You help us feel compassion. What makes me seek the gift?

We see your dedication to doing what your trustworthy advisors tell you, and we feel motivated. What makes me do my best?

We hear your words affirming life, and finding joy, rather than cataloging your complaints, and we are delighted. Why am I so positive?

We see you counting your blessings, we see your gratitude and appreciation, and we feel inspired. Why am I grateful?

We see how much easier each day is for us than your day is for you, and we feel blessed, and generous. (Okay, some of us feel guilty, but we are working on that.) Why do I appreciate my wonderful life?

I know the flip side of this attitude really well. The my - life - sucks - so - bad - that - I - can’t - think - of - anything -else - to - talk - about syndrome. I was so used to complaining that I would launch into my whines without thought.  # 47 My Head Hurts.  # 73 My Job Sucks. # 92 Nobody Loves Me. I could run them from beginning to end with almost the same words over and over.

The Poor Me recordings sat in my brain on the shelf next to the Argument recordings and the Parent-Who-Lives-In-My-Head recordings. All of them play on a regular basis bringing me down, man. We are mostly unaware of the fact that we are running the same selections over and over. It’s just habit.

When I decided that I wanted to be happy, I had to start erasing those recordings, and replacing them with selections that supported me to choose my best life over and over. It was really challenging until I found Creative Questions.

Because Creative Questions work deep in our unconscious mind, all we have to do is remember to use them. Why is it so easy? I need to notice when I’m using bad creative questions, “Why do I suck, why am I always broke, what makes me always hurt so much?” And then change the questions as soon as I notice. Why am I a gift? Why do I have a surplus of money? Why do I enjoy vibrant health?

I also need to remember to reward my efforts to improve my life. That means celebrating my tiny achievements, my small achievements, my medium ones, and my big ones. I like celebrating, so I want to celebrate your achievements, too.

How have I changed from discounting my accomplishments to celebrating all the time?

Now take a moment, and send me a note with one of your recent accomplishments, and we will celebrate!

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 03212013



No comments: