Monday, June 24, 2013

Transmutation

Transmutation

Food, diet, nutrition. Organic or GMOs. Alcohol, supplements, drugs. Omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, breatharian.

We sure spend a lot of time thinking and talking about what we consume, what we think we should consume, what we think we shouldn’t.

We count calories, or carbs, or points, or number of Hohos consumed in one sitting. We develop distastes, aversions, even allergies that can kill us. We refuse to move, we run till our shoes fill with blood. We judge the heck out of each other for consuming, or not consuming, and doing or not doing stuff.

Oh, my.
I, too, have ideas about what nourishes us, and what sustains us. This is kinda radical, so take a breath, and read on.

For me, it boils down to this. I believe that we are sustained by spirit, or life force, or whatever you want to call it.  I believe that, regardless of what we consume, it is spirit that nourishes us, and that if I enjoy it, really experience it, it will feed me.

I believe that I create my reality with my thoughts. That includes the world I live in, which is not the world you live in, although we may have some nice overlap.

I believe that I also create my body with my thoughts. I create my health with my thoughts.

I believe that germs are benign and we get sick when we unconsciously decide to. I believe that dis-ease is not our fault, but addressing it is our responsibility.

I believe that any movement done with joy is fun. If I love it, from my core, it’s good for me.

I believe that most of what we are told by the experts is contradicted by other experts, and that, therefore, it is up to each of us to decide what is best for our own selves. What is best for me may be really bad for you, and vice versa.

I believe that it is in my best interest to learn to read my body fluently, to know what makes me feel good, or bad. To notice when something feels off. To acknowledge and experience my feelings quickly and thoroughly.

Right now, I am having a delicious nutrition drink for breakfast everyday, and supper most days. I eat a nice lunch, have a couple fruity snacks. I practice qigong pretty much daily, and I have my daily yoga routines that I’ve been doing for some hideous number of years. I feel really good most of the time.

Over the last few years I have shed fifty pounds. As best I can tell, it has had nothing to do with what I have been eating, or not eating, or how much exercise I have been doing or not doing, but rather, it has had everything to do with what I’m thinking about it. Seriously. It’s very weird, but there you go.

When I don’t feel really good, I pay attention to my thoughts until I uncover the culprits, and then I change them. I will tinker with my Creative Questions until I hit on the right ones, the ones that make me return to feeling really good.

Take what you like, and leave the rest.

How to I transmute all I consume and do into nourishment for body, mind, and spirit?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 06242013

No comments: