Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mui Importante

Mui Importante

How important we are to each other. In a thousand thousand ways we touch each other’s lives, we impact each other’s well being, we create spaces of safety or pain for each other.

Why am I so important? Why are you so important? What makes us so important?

We all have stuff that happens to us, that wounds us, that changes us. We each have choices about how we will live with that stuff. Will I clean it up, or will I carry it?

I get to choose. I chose to carry it for a long time. It would whack me in the back of my legs as I walked, it would drag my shoulders down because it was so heavy. It smelled bad and made me sick a lot. Sometime it would leak and get nasty stuff on me and my friends. Carrying that stuff was hard, dirty work. I did it for a long time, and I was exhausted.

And then I decided that I wanted to be happy. Not “won the lottery” happy, but deep down soul happy.

You can’t be soul happy and carry around all that crap. You can’t be soul happy and carry around your old emo crap. You have to clean it up and let it go.

I spend most of my time soul happy now.

Why do I choose to clean up my act? Why would I be happy? What makes me chose to be one with the light?

I always tell you the truth to the best of my ability, and I will tell you now, dealing with our emo crap takes courage. It requires believing you are worth the effort. It may take several tries to find a person whom you click with. It takes a willingness to abandon your fixed delusions.

Why am I strong and soft? Why am I competent? What makes me relax into my natural life?

When I choose to be soul happy, and start to do the work, miraculous things happen for me.  My relationship with myself is transformed. I cease to be adversarial with me. I am way less critical of me, and of you. And I find that I become important to me in a whole new way.

When I am carrying my crap around, my crap is what is most important to me, my ideas about how wrong or off or weird I am, in a bad way, need to be hauled out, nurtured, tended like a rare orchid. My misery fills me up, and I hardly ever get a break from it. It really will make me physically sick in a bunch of different ways. At the very least, it weakens my immune system.

I want to be important in my life. I want to be able to create safe spaces, full of love and resources for us to heal in. I want to feel that my work is important, and to go to be satisfied and content. I want that for you, too.

By choosing to let go of our crap, a bit and a bit and a bit, we make room for amazingly wonderful transformations to happen. By choosing to let go of our crap, we live more and more of our life in our natural life of joy, satisfaction, contentment, peace, bliss, and relaxation. We become naturally important.

How have I changed from feeling insignificant to owning my importance?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 12152013

No comments: