Sunday, June 01, 2014

Going For Easy

Going For Easy

What do you think about the idea that it could be easy? Do you think I’m full of baloney? Do you think that maybe this is easy, but not that? Do you nod your head and say, “Oh, yes, it’s all just so easy.”

We hear a lot about easy; taking it easy, easy does it, easy going, easy street. We hear people saying all the time that life isn’t easy. What would it mean to you if that weren’t a Truth? What would it mean if a lot of easy happens in our thoughts?

When I have a thought like, “This is so difficult,” I clench up. A nice visceral way to experience this is to make a tight fist and try to pick something up.

When I clench, everything gets more challenging. It’s why we have the second set of rules in my qi gong school; relax, relax, relax. I get ideas about how our life goes, and when we have decided that things will be hard to do, they will be hard to do. We will have lots of big, icky feelings. We will make unconscious choices that increase the difficulty. We will get what we expect. New Agers call this the Law of Attraction. We know it’s because of how we are filtering, and that we see, for the most part, what we expect to see.

When we are little, we have experiences based on our very short lives, and our limited understanding. We acquire a lot of mislearning as little ones, all of us. Our job as grownups in training is to correct these mislearnings to live our lives feeling free and happy, not the Yay-I-got-a-new-car kind of happy, but the happy that comes from living our natural lives of awareness, open heartedness, compassion, and wisdom.

Why could it all be just so easy? How do I relax? Why do I choose?

Going to the dentist was where I first really experienced the spectacular difference easy thinking could make in my life. In the olden days, I had an extraction. My face swelled up and looked bruised. I had a ton of pain. I expected to suffer, and suffer I did, for several days.

I had to have another couple extractions a few years ago. I had Creative Questions by then, and used ‘em. Why is my appointment gentle, easy, and fun? Why does my mouth feel great? And during the extractions: Why do I release my tooth with loving gratitude and joy?

No swelling, no bruising, and after the anesthetic wore off, no pain. Seriously.

When I think things are going to be hard, I get feelings of fear, anxiety, anger; stuff like that. Clenched. When I think things are going to be easy, I get feelings of joy, of fun, of excitement. Relaxed. When I assume things will work out in my favor, I feel relaxed, and can go with the flow. When I assume things will go against me, I feel tight.

Why is my timing perfect? How do things go my way? Why can I trust the Universe?

When I start expecting to be lucky, when I start expecting things to work out, when I expect to heal quickly and well, things change. When I take my emotions out of my physical discomfort, I relax and feel better. When I turn my thoughts to easy, things will get easier.

How have I changed from believing in struggle to enjoying the easy?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 06012014

No comments: