Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hi, I'm Badin Rong

Hi, I’m Badin Rong

Right and wrong, wow. What a huge thing that is, for so many of us. Good and bad. How many of us struggle, and weep, feeling like we are bad and wrong.

Curiously, and as a sidebar, that feeling often hits us after we’ve done something, not actually acting as a deterrent. At the time, in general, we make the best decision we can. It’s in hindsight that the “oh, craps” come out.

Also, curiously, many of us seem to think that telling others they are bad and wrong is a good idea.

People are funny.

Feeling bad and wrong really isn’t very useful as a lifestyle. Thing one, it is depressing, demoralizing, and demotivating. If I’m bad and wrong, why should I even try? (notice the bad creative question.) Feeling like that releases all the stress-compounds into our bodies, and they, in turn, start wreaking havoc on our bodies to let us know we are headed down the wrong path.

Thing two, it’s usually not true that we are bad and wrong. We may have made a mistake, it could even be a doozy, but that is about our behavior, not about we. I can correct my behavior, that’s called making amends. We all err from time to time. Take responsibility for it, correct it as best you can, let it go, and move on.

Thing three, believing we are bad and wrong is believing in lies, and one of our jobs is to find Truth. Truth, not to be confused with truth, is universal. That is, it holds for everyone. Breathing is good holds for everyone, that’s a nice example of Truth. High colonics and automatic weapons are good hold for some, and not others; that is an example of truth.

Thing four, when we feel bad and wrong, it is often difficult for us to “get back,” back into our own good graces, back to feeling competent, back to feeling valuable. The more we put ourselves in that place, the more time we spend around people who are reinforcing it, the longer it takes, the harder it may get.

Creative Questions! That’s the ticket back to feeling competent, worthy, valuable, good. Why am I right? Because I am a divine creation. Why am I accurate? Because I care about what I do. How do I know the truth? Because I see clearly. Why is it easy for me to get back? Because I know I am not my behavior.

Why else? How else?

When I feel right, being basically a good person, I make better decisions than when I feel wrong. When I feel right, I feel good, and that fills me with the milk of human kindness, and I wanna be nice to you. That makes you feel nice, and you spread it around to your loved ones, and then they feel good, and so on, and so on, and, Lo, we have changed the world. Why are we so wonderful?

How have I changed from feeling bad and wrong to knowing I’m right?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 02122013

No comments: