Saturday, March 09, 2013

The Great Cosmic Joke

The Great Cosmic Joke

Have you picked up on the most wonderful, hilarious thing ever? It took me awhile to catch on,  but oh, baby, it is rich.  I love you, so I want to make sure that you are in on the joke:

Reality isn’t real.

We live from day to day with this idea that reality is a solid, immutable Thing. But that’s all just part of the joke. And until we get it, the joke is kind of on us.

I’m not saying that there’s nothing out there. There is so much out there that we can’t take it all in, so we don’t. And then we think that the stuff we have ignored isn’t there, and that the world is the way we’ve filtered it.

When I wear my pale yellow tinted glasses on cloudy days, the sun hasn’t started to shine, I just feel like I do when it does. It’s when I forget and forget I forgot that I’m wearing them that I start having trouble.

Imagine walking into a big supermarket and discovering that they don’t have a produce section. Or they don’t have a cereal aisle. Or all you see to choose from are foods that you don’t like, or that you feel sick when you eat them. I know, it’s absurd.

But that’s what we do every moment of every day. We pick and choose, unconsciously, the kind of grocery store we live in, so to speak.

Well, I don’t know about you, but if I get to choose, I want nice. I want peaceful. I want easy, loving, enjoyable life filled with delights and fun, loving friends, neato stuff to do, health and wealth.

So how, if I am creating my reality, do I do that?

I want happiness? I stop watching the news, it is meant to scare me into buying stuff. I listen to music that makes me feel happy. I watch heartwarming movies, I read books with happy endings. I think about being happy. Not about not being happy -- be aware. “I wish I were happy,” is a thought about not being happy. Insidious! Why do I love being happy?

I want wealth? I stop using phrases like “can’t afford,” “debt,” “broke.” “lack.” I start thinking about being rich; my rich house, my rich clothes, my rich foods, my rich key that I put in the rich ignition of my rich car. Vivid thoughts, smelly, soundy thoughts. I spend my rich money in my mind. How do I spend all this money and still have so much left over? I remember my future self being rich. I open wide to opportunities for money to flow into my life and pool there.

I want health? I start to dwell on health. I eliminate the emotional words like “pain,” “burning sensation,” “ache,” and find neutral terms that have no emotional baggage for me to describe my sensations. Here, too, remember that wishing is a thought about what you don’t really want. Why do I enjoy health?

Sometimes, we choose what we really think we don’t want because it gives us something we really do want. It’s called secondary gain. Being poor so we feel like we can keep it all to ourselves, being fat so we don’t need to engage, being sick because we get some kind attention. The concept of secondary gain is a painful one, believe me, I know, but it’s well worth your consideration.

How have I changed from feeling trapped to realizing that I’m in charge of my own reality?

Here is a link for some fun auditory illusions. We see the optical ones pretty often, but the auditory ones are really fun, too. ttp://listverse.com/2008/02/29/top-10-incredible-sound-illusions/

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 03092013



No comments: