Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bring On the Bling

Bring On the Bling

If you want an instantaneous way to go from rags to riches, let me tell you this secret. Change your point of view.

I know, it’s sappy as all get out, letting a smile be your umbrella kind of thing, but it  works.

When I flip from feeling resenting what I don’t have to appreciating what I do have, I feel good. When I feel good, I see good around me. When I see good around me, I see opportunities. When I see opportunities, and take them, I expand my world, and when I expand my world I get a little more of everything I want.

I love that.

Feeling satisfied with what I have. Recognizing and appreciating my resources. Valuing my possessions, valuing my skills, talents, and gifts, valuing my family, friends, communities, and co-workers.

I love that I love that we have plumbing that can bring me hot water on the top floor.

I love that I know people who, when I feel sad, or stuck, or confused, or lonesome, will help me with open hearts and loving minds and tell me very nicely when I’m being an idiot, not their word.

I love that there are people to help when my car breaks down. I love that I have a car when I need one. I love public transportation. I love that I can walk when I want and where I want.

Are you sensing a pattern here?

When we let ourselves relax into appreciation, the world is so lavish, so deluxe and opulent, that just looking out the window at the view we see each day can fill our hearts.

When I claim and value my resources, something magical starts to happen. I find myself with more resources. I find support in unlikely places. I am offered generous help, and seemingly magical things happen for me with astounding regularity.

Some people call it luck. As you can see, it’s not really luck, it’s all about appreciation, gratitude, openness, awareness, and action.

Why do I appreciate what I have? What makes me thankful? Why do I choose to be aware? How am I open?

By choosing to live a life that is conducive to attracting resources, I will attract resources. When I am grateful and generous, when I value and appreciate, my life gets really nice.

Allowing my life to flow, relaxing into my flowing natural life, I take things in stride with joy and satisfaction. I see all kinds of challenges as opportunities, I find myself choosing to change my old crappy habits and patterns, and I have more fun.

How have I changed from living a scarcity mindset to revelling in my lavish and splendiferous world?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 10152013

No comments: