Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Indiana Holmes and Sherlock Jones

Indiana Holmes and Sherlock Jones

Transitions can be really fun, especially when you are transitioning from something to something that suits you better.

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe that each moment is perfection. I also know that my life is in constant motion; and, while I may not have a ton of control over what happens, I have almost total control over how I respond to it.

It seems to me that the more old trauma I clear out, the more I address habits that don’t support me, the easier every single thing is. I can enjoy the occasional cranky time when it hardly ever shows up anymore, and only lasts an hour or so. I can fully experience my grief when I feel settled in my heart. I can relax more deeply because I practice releasing worry and guilt.

When we commit to enjoying our lives, lots of little transitions start to show up. As we deepen our commitment, more opportunities for positive change present themselves, and all we have to do is trust, and take them. Why do I have delightful surprises?

We may find ourselves shifting our image, changing our style. Perhaps we gain or lose weight, or change our fitness level. Perhaps we cut or grow out our hair. We find ourselves smiling in the mirror more that not, smiling at an ally, our staunchest supporter, our best friend. Why do I like my image?

Perhaps we find that we shift our living arrangements. Maybe we move furniture around, or build an addition, or take down a wall. Perhaps we move, perhaps we acquire or release a second home. We find ourselves smiling as we get closer to home because home is so right. What makes my home perfect for me?

Sometimes we will have it happen that we change our work spaces. Our office space may shift from cluttered to clear, or from sterile to warm. Sometimes, we will revamp a system that used to work for us. We may claim or release work space in our home. How is my work space just right?

We might take up or quit a hobby, bring new friends into our lives, or release old friends who want us to stay as we were. We may let go of things that remind us of great sorrows, or lost loves. We may let go of things that remind us to feel old, or angry, or useless. We may bring in things that remind us feel happy, or loved, or accomplished. Why do I like what I do?

When we commit to enjoying our lives, we find the value in each moment, even when the moment is challenging. When I expect life to prove it’s worth me, like a hostile audience member, I will find little value in my moments, but when I am actively seeking pleasures, value, and worth, one part Indiana Jones, one part Sherlock Holmes, I will find treasure over and over in seemingly unlikely places.

Relaxing into my natural life, being aware of my living, appreciating my pleasures, the little gifts, the joys, purity of clean emotion, these things make my life rich, full of treasured moments, full of love.

How have I changed from dissing my life to loving to live my life?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 10092013

No comments: