Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Accessing Your Personal Global Support Unit

Accessing Your Personal Global Support Unit

Somewhere along the line, I decided to look at the world as though it exists to help me become the best person I can manage to be.

It is a big and interesting shift in point of view, one that makes everything different.

In the olden days, I subscribed to the notion that life was a bitch, and then you die. Grim, terse. I believed that bad things just happened to me, to you, too, but more to me. It’s an attitude called “inverse grandiosity,” the idea that I am the worst, unluckiest, saddest, baddest, etcetera, person in the world. Yeah.

Bad stuff happens and you just have to slog along as best you can. Some people have good luck, some people have bad luck.

Yeah, right.

So, it turned out that when I decided to look at life as a great big kick-ass opportunity, stuff changed.

How do miracles come my way? Why am I so lucky? What makes things go my way?

So, it seems like when I consider the crappy situation I’m in as holding a personal lesson for me, I get to spelunk around and see what I can find. When I find and integrate the lesson, the crappy situation resolves itself almost instantly. Crazy.

If all the world is here for me and I’m not relishing that, it’s about me, not the world. Why is it all for me? What makes me take responsibility for me?

When the world is all about supporting me, and I let that in, I can afford to be helpful and kind. I gain by being helpful and kind. Being helpful and kind ends up being easy and natural.

When the world is all about supporting me, and I let that in, I find benefits, lessons, opportunities, and treats, all over the place. I expect solutions, resolutions, and progress. I find that I also expect that things will work out for me, go my way. I find myself feeling like life is peaceful, relaxed, satisfying, blissful, and I am content at the end of the day. I have satisfying things to do, lovely people to do those things with, lives of all kinds to take care of, and I feel taken care of, too. Balance.

What makes me so successful? Why am I accomplished?

As I let my sense of the world supporting me sink in, something else happens. I start feeling like a winner, but I lose the sense of someone else having to be a loser.

I like that a lot. As someone who saw the world as winners (you) and the Biggest Loser (me,) I gave those words a lot of negative power. Now, I review my day before bed, and most days, I can say that I won, and helped at least one other person win, too. Simple. Easy. Natural life.

Every time I take a step away from letting my past dictate my present, every time I make a conscious and thoughtful choice, every time I seek a new thought, a new way of doing stuff, or seek a fresh solution, I win.

How have I changed from letting my past dictate my present to being the boss of my own life?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 01152014

No comments: