Friday, January 24, 2014

I Should Be Committed

I Should Be Committed

Here’s a wacky thing to try. Look at your life to see what you are committed to.

Really.

The way our lives go show us where our commitments lie. The longer you’ve had a particular situation going, the deeper your commitment.

Are you committed to abundance, or paucity? Happiness or misery? Clarity or confusion? Well being or suffering? Lovely relationships, or trying, difficult ones?

This is a key that will help us open the door to more freedom.

Really.

I’ve got a nice example for you. For years I wanted to be a writer. I wrote a lot, but it was mostly entries in my journal about how depressed I was, what a failure I was. I wrote several awful novels, short stories, and poetry. I had several columns that ran in local papers for a while. I struggled and struggled. I was deeply committed not to writing, as I thought, but to failing as a writer. It was clear from what I was doing.

Then I made a commitment to write my truth to you, to share the wisdom that I’ve channeled, or learned, or something, and to write it out in small chunks, in clear language, with specific how-to type instruction, so that you could try it, too.  And to reinforce my choosing to live my glorious, natural life to the best of my ability.

Lo! My commitment to that has resulted in my writing to you every day for over a year. I wake up looking forward to my meditation on pulling the Creative Questions card that will best serve us today, Then, I contemplate the card until I find some point of resonance, then I write, then I publish.

I am regularly amazed that I have done this every day. It doesn’t matter how I feel, I just do it because I am committed.

I now have many such places, where my commitment was to horrible crap I hated, that made living my life super challenging and ugly, and I took responsibility for that commitment, changed it and got almost instant results.

Weird, huh.

I was committed to misery, to finding anything I could to make me miserable.  There was not a silver lining for which I couldn’t find a cloud.

Now I am committed to happiness. That means, for example, when I wake up feeling like, uh, heck, I find reasons for why my life in the moment is sweet, I make minor course corrections, and usually within less than an hour, I’ve got my cheery back.

How have I changed from being committed to a life I hate to committing to a life I love?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 01242014


No comments: