Friday, February 07, 2014

Fanning the Desire Fire

Fanning the Desire Fire

What is the most powerful Creative Question? I bet you know. It’s sure my favorite question.
This question is the beginning of everything good, the transition from stuck to splendid, from sad to glad, from meh to yay.

This is the question that is fundamental to each moment, however brief, in our day. It directs our thoughts, our emotions and feeling, our actions. When we claim this question as our own, we have started to take responsibility for our lives, and better they will most certainly become.

Why can I choose? What makes me decide? Where do I want to go? How do I want to be? What do I want to do?

Choice. Thousands of them all day long. We are so used to making them that we mostly don’t even notice. They are often out of our awareness, and, in long strings, they become our routines, our habits. We start the instant we wake up, and chug along making them for the rest of our day. We make choices that support our well being, make us comfy, put things off. We choose to be kind, to be mean, to love, or to hate. We choose what to eat, whether we’re thirsty, if we want to pee.

We choose to believe lies, to be afraid, to worry, to ignore. We choose to create beauty, simplicity, ugliness, complexity. misery, joy.

We choose to look at our crap and own it, or not. We choose to clean it up, or not.

How do I know I am powerful? What makes me strong? Why do I choose to see the good?

I admit, there are times when I feel like I have no choice. When I notice that feeling, I like to start making up outrageous choices. Crazy things I would never, or could never, do. They help me remember that feeling like there is only one thing I can do is in itself a choice.

Why am I so creative? What makes me find solutions? What is my heart’s desire?

It is our baby nature, our immature self, that likes to focus on what we don’t want, what we don’t like; the toddler, sobbing on the floor over a broken cheese stick. I haven’t got it down pat, I have days when I feel like that baby, and want to fall on the floor kicking and screaming for something I can’t have or don’t want. But, little by little, more often than not, I am past that, with an eye out for the opportunities to move my life in the directions I want it to go.

Why do I choose to shed my fixed delusions? Why do I choose to unchoose my unsupportive beliefs? Why do I choose to dump my mislearnings?

That’s profound stuff right there. Those questions will transform our lives in ways we can’t imagine in the place we’re currently at.

It may not be comfortable. It may not feel familiar. It may feel taxing, but boy, howdy, it’s gonna shake things up in a really good way. Like, in a what’s the most wonderful thing you could ever imagine happening kind of way.

Why am I worth it?

(c) 2014 Pam Guthrie all rights reserved 02072014

No comments: