Friday, March 21, 2014

Emotional Growth University

Emotional Growth University

What makes my life magnificent? How’s that for an awesome question?

One way for me; I am in a phase where I consider myself back full time in Emotional Growth University. I am taking some fantastic classes; Releasing Your Inner Victim, Cumulative Grief - What’s in it for you? Coping with Negative People Seminar, Thriving as an Introvert Seminar, Finding Balance In Change Independent Study. I have brilliant teachers who offer me interesting challenges regularly.

EGU is an amazing place. Every class is tailored to your individual needs and to help you reach your individual goals. There are no age restrictions, and no one is ever turned away. You can’t flunk out. If you are having trouble with a particular class, you can work on the topic until you finish, even if it takes years. Classes are free to all.

One of the things about EGU is that it has no graduates. We are enrolled from our beginning all the way through to the end. We don’t get grades, and we don’t always know when we’ve either finished one course or started the next.

As a general rule, I know I am in a course when certain people offer me the same kind of challenges over and over.

Now, I believe that I am fortunate. I believe that happy is my natural state. I believe that troublesome people are in my life to teach me lessons; the more troublesome the person, the more important the lesson.

How am I lucky? Why am I happy? Why do I choose to learn my life lessons?

It has been my experience that when I learn a life lesson, the stupid, hard, annoying, or painful situation vanishes. I may think I have it, but if the situation doesn’t change, there is more for me to gain from it.

I don’t know about you, but I would much rather look at the crap in my life as a profound gift from the Universe than as random shit I have to contend with. I would rather look at the people who are pains in my patootie as teachers than as jerks. I would rather consider the challenging stuff I’m dealing with as something that I will benefit from working through instead of as ways to make me miserable. I like the idea that my challenges are custom-made just for me, because, frankly, I would hate to have to be dealing with what you are going through.

Oh, the other hand, it would be nice to get spring break.

How do I relax? What makes me calm? How do I feel when I am peaceful?

Making time everyday to check in with myself helps me stay on track. I remember to choose peaceful when I do that. When I feel peaceful, it is easy for me to feel compassion for my teachers. When I feel peaceful, I can take a step back and think about my part in my situations, and what I can do to change them. When I feel peaceful, I am responsive rather than reactive. I feel comfortable. I can see my blessings. My life is magnificent.

How have I changed from seeing pain and lack to enjoying my sumptuous life?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 03212014

If you found something of value here today, please + or share. Thanks. How do you know you are amazing?

No comments: