Saturday, November 09, 2013

Love Me True

Love Me True

Back in the dark ages, I had a feeling that people were holding out on me. That there were secrets, arcane bits of knowledge, esoteric rites that you knew, and that I knew nothing about.

Turned out I was right.

Uncovering those secrets is what I do, Pamiana Jones of the Happy Life. And then I share them with you because I love you. Living a life of joy, ease, and peace is simple, if you know the secrets.

Be warned, just like the best magic tricks, once we see what they are, we tend to go d’uh.

The most profound secret of all, the one that will start everything moving toward a most beautiful life is this. Drum roll, please.

Like yourself.

I told you that you would go d’uh.

So often we spend a chunk of our waking hours running tapes in our head that offer the basic message of “I suck.” There are, of course, a thousand thousand variations on that theme, and each of us has our favorites.

“I suck” are magic words. They create a giant bubble of yuck around us, where people are disrespectful to us. They create a life of missed opportunity, of scant motivation, failed dreams and relationships. They create feelings of anger, frustration, dissatisfaction, and, well, you know. We’ve both lived it.

Why do I like myself?  How could I like myself? Why would I like myself?

Here is another secret:  While we often can’t choose whom we are going to love, we, many of us, anyway, have to choose to love ourselves. What an interesting thing that is.

What it means is that we have to decide that we are okay as we are. That we are lovable in this very moment. That we can accept ourselves all the way through.

“I’m okay” are magic words. They create a life we enjoy, where people treat us reasonably, where we feel loved and accepted. They create a life where we find opportunities, and have the juice to accept them. They create a life where we take care of ourselves so that we can help each other lives happier lives.

Asking our good Creative Questions everyday will go a long way to helping us come to love and appreciate ourselves. Why am I lovable? How do I recognize my value? What makes me see my good qualities?

The more I ask my good Questions, the deeper they go in, the weaker the bad ones become, until they just fade away.

Each of us deserves to be loved by the person closest to us, ourselves. Why do I choose to love me?

How have I changed from being disgusted and annoyed by me to valuing my own friendship?

(c) Pam Guthrie all rights reserved 11092013

No comments: