Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sexy Beasts

Sexy Beasts

Hotcha cha, the sexuality card leaped out from the deck again today. You’d almost think it was spring. Well, I guess it is, somewhere in the world.

Meanwhile, we all have sexuality, that is, sexual habits and desires. We each have a sexual identity. And because we tend to barenaked when we are being sexual, we also tend to be very quiet about it. Then it seems like it should be a secret, and we all know how much trouble we can get into with secrets.

Why do I accept my sexuality?

Also meanwhile, it’s a topic around which many of us have a lot of feels. Maybe because stuff is near where we poop, maybe because we tend to be private about it. At any rate, there are tons of taboos and proscriptions, and we get lots of ideas.

How do I know my thoughts are innocent?

And again meanwhile, we are wildly creative and brilliant, and like sensations, so it’s a fantastic opportunity to exercise those faculties. it can be so fun!

Why am I creative?

Meanwhile, sharing our sexuality with someone whom we love can feel like a kind of sacrament, a commingling of our divine selves, deepening our understanding of each other, sometimes even shared mystical experiences.

What makes me intimate?

Meanwhile, some of us had stuff happen when we were little that messed with our sexuality. Some of us end up conflating our sexuality with the damage and decide  to hurt others, or to subjugate them. Some of us end up feeling damaged, and hide our sexuality, denying a vibrate and rich part of ourselves.

How have I changed from feeling like damaged goods to enjoying the miracle of my being?

Some of us think that without a partner, we have no sexual identity. Some of us think that because we have a partner, our sexuality should be different from the way it is.

Because we are divine beings, our sexuality is divine, too. Being a divine sexual being doesn’t require a partner, only a little relaxed attention.

As with so much of what makes our lives nicer, when we relax, stop worrying, quit intellectualizing, and enjoy the flow of life,

And when I remember that I am perfect in this moment, I can accept my sexual identity. If I am using my sexual identity to hurt someone, even myself, I need to stop it and get help.

My sexuality, like my creativity, and my loving heart, are gifts for me to enjoy with you, or alone.

How have I changed from feeling pissy about my sexuality to revelling in the glory that is me?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 11102013

No comments: