Friday, November 08, 2013

Troubles to Bubbles

Troubles to Bubbles



It’s time to stop having problems. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but, believe me, it’s worth talking about again.

A really simple way to do that is to change your language, in your speech, in your thoughts.

Semantics, the meaning of words and phrases, are a great big hairy deal to humans because we have speech, and thought. And, even though we tend to use the same words as each other, they don’t always have the same meanings. If you wanna play with this, try asking your friends what they experience in their mind when they hear the word, “dog” and notice that each person has a different idea of “dog.”

Based on our ideas about words, they, like everything else, have vibrational weight, frequencies. Personal, vibrational weight. Low vibrations leave us feeling bad, high vibrations leave us feeling good, to make it really simple. For example, the phrase, “you people” can fire me up to mad  when used in the context of a customer service complaint. Likewise, “gal” is one that simply brushes my fur backwards. Do you know what words or phrases can tweak you?

A silly way to look at it is that changing the vibrational weight of our language can turn a trouble to a bubble. Heh.

So, when I decided that I wanted to stop having problems, I needed to find words to lift the vibrational weight, since “problem” for me is a heavy word.

Topic, issue, subject, these are words that are pretty neutral for me, and when I don’t feel weighted down by my language, I find it much easier to look for solutions, resolutions, direction, and progress. And I feel light.

Making this shift, from problems to progress, has the additional benefit of leaving me feeling successful, accomplished. I like that.

Why do I find solutions? Why do things go my way? How do I know the outcome?

That’s a lot of nice results for one, small shift.

Why is it all so easy?

When I notice I am looking down at the problem, I can look up for a solution. Sometimes, I can come up with  not just one, but many possible solutions. An embarrassment of solutions, so to speak. Sometimes I may not find any right away, and that’s when all that playing with my creativity pays off. I can start brainstorming solutions, even outrageous ones, and generally speaking, before too long, a viable solution will emerge.

If this were a motivational speech, I would point out here that one of the primary differences between folks who realize their dreams, and folks who don’t, is this particular skill, the skill of finding solutions.

If this were a motivational speech, I would mention the fact that you are brilliant, and creative, and can progress as you wish, even with, let’s say, certain physical limitations, as long as you continue to expand the limits of your mind. The more you push those limits, the more resources you will have.

How have I change from thinking in problems to thinking in solutions?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 11082013

No comments: