Thursday, May 01, 2014

This Way, Please

This Way, Please


This was one of those things that blew me away, how important it is when it comes to growing up, that is. It seems like a light-weight topic, but knowing this can change your life, and make a big difference for your loved ones, and even make the world a better place.


Know what you want.


It seems like a simple thing, doesn’t it. And yet, many of us don’t have a clue.


We often barely know what we like.


So why does this matter, knowing what we want, knowing what we like? Well, if you find a magic lamp, and the genie offers you three wishes, what are you going to wish for? I mean, we’ve seen how it goes for people who’ve never really thought about it.


On the one hand, that’s just silly, Pam. On the other hand, our lives are filled with the equivalent of a genie all the time.


How do I know what I want? What makes me sure? Why do I express my ambitions?


So, I have a bunch of things I want, from material stuff to emotional goals, to career milestones, and so on. I think about these things, so they are up on my radar.


I look at my dreams, decide if I want them to be goals, and if I do, I make a plan, with manageable steps. And then watch out!


Call it the Law of Attraction, or Filtering, or whatever you like, keeping these things energized and active means that we are more likely to find opportunities to realize our dreams.


What makes my life meaningful? How do I feel when I am on purpose?


So, we are here in the world, with our special gifts, our talents and experiences, and now we have our goals, our plans, and the Universe will present us with someone who has a piece we need, or an opportunity to gain some experience that will help, or show us a story that allows us to streamline our plan. And because we are keeping our goals energized, we recognize and accept these gifts.


If you’ve been reading here for a while, you know that my first really big goal was to be happy. I was so low I didn’t really even know what I meant by that, but I kept it energized, and I tried things, I took recommendations, trainings, workshops. I asked questions like crazy, especially when I met people who seemed happy.


Energized.


If I were able to manifest to myself back into the day when I made that pledge, to feel how I feel now, I would probably pass out. The difference is at least night and day.


Making some time to think about what you want will make a difference. We don’t always need to come up with the how, not right away. Making a goal, making a plan with wiggle room, even making a vision board, or some other material reminder of our direction, will help us stay energized.


How have I changed from feeling aimless to choosing my path?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2014 all rights reserved 05012014

What are your favorite goals? I would love to hear about them, and help you come up with some good, supportive Creative Questions.

Please +1 and share, if you like what you find here. How do you feel when you make a difference?

No comments: