Thursday, April 11, 2013

Choosing Wealth


Choosing Wealth

On the one hand, I am rich as Gina Reinhart: I am surrounded by wonderful, loving people whom I love dearly. I have a home I adore, with sweet, loving pets. I have tons of fun things to do, lots of places to volunteer, work I find satisfying, a Clark Kent job that educates and amuses me on a regular basis.

On the other hand, I could use more income.

On the third hand, I have plenty of money. Sort of.

As usual, it has so much to do with my attitude. When I feel flush, it seems like money flows to me. It is easy to feel generous, it’s easy to pay my bills, it’s fun to have some left over, to get something I need, to get a treat to save some.

When I feel poor, I get miserly. I pinch those darn pennies, I scrimp, I get tight.

Oh, hey. Tight. That’s one of my trigger-words, words that remind me to relax, to soften, to slow down inside. Words that remind me to live my life, and not let my life live me. Why do I breathe, slow and deep and full?

Money, like every other kind of energy, likes to flow. When we get tight in our feelings, we often clench outside in our world; we hoard And hoarding causes major energy blocks in our lives. I think that’s so interesting. We may be hoarding money in jars, or drawers, or boxes, for example, or we may be hoarding clothing, books, paper including magazines and newspapers, tools, scrap wood, toys, photos. Oh, that list is as long as anything.

Hoarding is feeling broke, it’s based on fear. Do you remember the definitions? Anger is the belief that what we need is being denied us. Fear is the thought that what we have will be taken from us. We put the two of those together and we’ve got some juicy ick to deal with.

We have a way to deal with this, to surmount it, to change it. It’s actually a combination of two of our mighty super powers:  Choice and Trust to the rescue! Why do I choose? Why do I trust?

I choose to feel flush. I choose to acknowledge the plenty in my life. I choose to release excess stuff in my life. I choose to let money flow to me, How do I choose to feel flush? How do I choose to acknowledge the plenty in my life? How to I choose to release the excess stuff? How do I choose to let money flow into my life?

When I trust that the Universe will provide me what I need, I can relax. When I relax, I can look for the lessons to be learned, which is the purpose of challenging situations, and learning is so easy when I am centered. Curiously, the instant I learn the lesson, the situation changes. The difficult person leaves, or becomes easy, the grim job tasks are replaced with entertaining ones, the bills are almost magically paid.

When I relax, I choose to do what I love to do. I don’t mean watching TV with the cats and some popcorn, I mean writing, teaching, speaking about Creative Questions.

When I relax, I can move into a place of generosity, a space where I get to be generous, and the Universe is generous with me. How lovely is that!

How have I changed from clenching around money to letting my wealthy nature flow?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 04112013

No comments: