Thursday, April 18, 2013

Miracles Claimers


Miracles Claimers

Do I talk about miracles too much? I don’t think so. I think that miracles need to be talked about a lot more.

I’m not talking about the image of the Blessed Virgin appearing on your toast, although that’s kind of cool.

I am talking about the little daily miracles, the weekly ones, the big ones. I’m also talking about an attitude, one of expecting that things will work out. Why do things go my way?

Thinking about miracles happening for us changes our mindset. We anticipate miracles, and we start looking for them. Finding the dime we need to get the sandwich out of the vending machine. Doris Day parking when we are feeling pressed for time. The kindness of a stranger offering help when we need it.  Why do things really go my way?

Getting in the habit of looking for miracles helps us get in the habit of looking for solutions, answers, results, resolutions, instead of dwelling on the problem or issue.  Why do I look for resolutions?

Getting in the habit of looking for miracles helps us notice our progress. Many of us, I expect most everyone reading this, want to evolve. We want to put aside our old, damaging habits for new, supportive habits. We want to wake up feeling good, and go to bed feeling satisfied. Why am I a success?

And getting in the habit of noticing, and appreciating, our miracles helps us live in gratitude and grace. How do I appreciate the details of my life?

And, most of all, getting in the habit of living a life full of miracles means that my life will fill me with so much joy and peace that I will just have to share it, even with the jerks and dorks and lame-os I encounter as I go about my business. Why do I choose my natural life?

It means that, when I get scolded over and over for a simple mistake, I don’t take it on, I don’t lose my center, I stay peaceful. It means that minor infractions don’t even register, and I can respond with a pleasant demeanor and get back to my stuff. That means, even if someone is hurling abuse at me, I am not abused.

Oh. Wow.

It means that if I am diverted from my center, the path back is well-worn and clear, easy to follow, even if I’m crying.

It also means that, rather than spreading strife around my world, I am spreading peace. And you know that is how it’s going to happen, each of us deciding to live our natural life, responding to our stuff from a place that is centered and peaceful, and overflowing with joy, that’s how we will change from violent savages to enlightened beings. One by one. One habit, one choice, one moment at a time.

How have I changed from foundering in drama to claiming my miracles?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 04182013

No comments: