Monday, April 22, 2013

Hooray For You Day!


Hooray For You Day!

My life, and the lives of many others, are so much nicer because you are in it. The gifts you bring to the world, your particular, special combination, is so valuable. I wonder if you know that? I wonder if you know how much?

You are with you all the time, so I think it’s easy for you to forget how special you are. You feel stuff, fatigue, or sorrow, or stress, and you forget how special you are. You get caught up in the daily stuff, spending your time around the same people everyday, and you forget how special you are.

Take a moment right now and ask yourself, “How do I know I am valuable? How else do I know I am valuable?”

When we take a moment now and then to remember that we are special, that our existence is a gift to the world, it helps us to remember to treat ourselves respectfully, and to treat others respectfully, too.

It helps us to remember that we need to slow down inside, to experience our experiences, to be aware of what we are doing and how we are feeling about it, to evaluate our thoughts, and actions, and decide if we need to modify them.

I want to be the best me I can manage. I do what I can to walk my talk. And I have days with bumps, when finding the juice to lift my spirits takes a bit of effort.

When I feel like that, I have to dig a little deeper to raise my vibrations, if you catch my drift. Then, I ask myself Creative Questions like, “How do I contribute? Why am I important? What makes me matter?”

By remembering that my existence makes a difference, it is easier for me to feel happy again. Or to take responsibility for my feelings, and rearrange them however I need to do that.

Remembering that I make a difference helps me remember that I am connected with the world, that it’s not just me putting my energy out to life, but life giving me energy back. It’s not just a one-way street.

Recognizing that we are gifts to each other. Recognizing that we make a difference for each other. Remembering that, in our daily lives we are choosing and choosing and choosing. Making sure that we check in on our choices on a regular basis so that we don’t feel buffeted or taken advantage of. Sometimes sentence fragments say it best.

Own the fact that you are a contribution. Own the fact that you are significant. Draw on that truth for energy and motivation as you make your contribution. Be the best you you can manage. Notice that we appreciate you so much, even if we aren’t saying it.

How have I changed from feeling like a lump to recognizing that I make a difference?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 04222013


No comments: