Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stardust and Buddha’s Breath


Stardust and Buddha’s Breath

What makes your life meaningful? What makes your heart sing? How do you know you are sacred? Why are you a divine creation?

Take a moment right now, while I’m here with you. Feel your presence. Put your hand on your heart if that helps to center you. Notice your breath. Your breath flows through you whether you pay attention, whether you are healthy, whether you are happy, or not.

Feel the spark of your light, your life force, your perfect self. Isn’t that cool? Aren’t you amazing?

You are made of stardust, the same stuff as the heavens. But, unlike the stars, you have been given life. And not the life of an amoeba, or a fly, but the life of a human being with capabilities almost beyond imagining. And what imaginations we have.

Not only that, but we breathe in a molecule or two of the last breath of the Buddha with each inhale. Or Jesus, or Genghis Khan, or Ben Franklin, or whatever historical person you wanna think of. We are connected in ways that are science-y, or mysterious, or familial, and on and on, all the way around with each other. We have common relatives when we get far enough back, and sometimes it’s not even all that far.

And we each are faced with thousands of opportunities every day to make a difference for our family, our extended family. It may be a tiny difference, but it’s a difference, nonetheless.

When we recognize our divine nature, our sacredness, we move into a higher vibration, to use the woo-woo term. It simply means that we become more aware of ourselves, both our internal lives, and external lives. We become more cognizant of our impact, our effectiveness, and how our actions ripple out across humanity.

When we recognize our divine nature, we become more responsible almost by default. We understand at a deeper level that we alone are responsible for our well being, our happiness, our quality of life, and are only responsible for ourselves. And we come to see that we harbor responsibility to all other life, from our partners and children to the creatures who live with us, and on and on.

We also find ourselves becoming more lighthearted, as though just the act of owning our divine nature, our roots in stardust, can fill our spirits with a little divine helium, or maybe it’s divine nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas. Or maybe it’s just the joy of the universe bubbling over into us. I kinda like that idea.

The more responsibility I take for my divine existence, the more I own my me-ness, the more delightful my life becomes. I am here intentionally. My existence is not accidental. I am here to make a difference. I think, as a divine being, I would just as soon make a nice difference.

How have I changed from feeling insignificant and ineffective to owning and taking responsibility for my divine nature?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 05152013

No comments: