Monday, May 20, 2013

Super Powers


Super Powers

I realized recently that I have something for which I am the most grateful. It surprised me, because I am so grateful for so many things. Do you want to guess what that one thing is?

If you guessed the ability to feel gratitude, you are correct.

For so long, I was so obsessed with misery, worry, fear, guilt and anger, that I couldn’t have found gratitude in that mess for love nor money. As a child, I remember trying to write thank-you notes when I had no sense of gratitude. I could spit it out by rote, but not from the heart. How sad.

Gratitude really is one of our super powers.

Super powers are qualities that come from our core, from our natural lives. They are gifts of spirit, if you will, and they make our lives shift from low to high frequency, from grim to happy, from dissatisfied to content, from chaos to peace.

Gratitude opens us, softens us up. It works from our emotional body. When we feel grateful, we let go of expectations, and appreciate the moment. As we practice gratitude, we find more and more opportunities to feel grateful. Gratitude makes us more receptive to universal bounty. Why am I grateful? What makes me grateful? How do I show my appreciation?

We have other super powers, too.

Creativity works from our mental body. It opens and softens up our thought processes so that we can be more mentally nimble. The more we practice being creative, the more easily we get into that groove, the easier it is to find our muse. Why am I so creative? How am I creative? How else do I express my creativity?

Decision and commitment are a dynamic duo. This is the physical body, where the action is. When we decide and commit, there is no stopping us. This is how we get stuff done all the way to the end. Why do I commit? What makes me decide? How do I trust my decisions?

Choice is the mother of all super powers. Choice is the gift of spirit. Choice is the beginning of everything.I get to decide. I get to say, “this is what I want.” This is what I want to do. This is where I want to be. This is who I want to be with. This is how I want my life to be. This is what I believe in. This is what I choose. Why do I choose?

When we start practicing using our super powers, when we choose to use them, decide and commit to being aware of our choices, practice being creative every day, and choose to find our gratitude for every situation’s gift, amazing things begin to happen.

We find that our days are easier. We find that we relax more easily, more deeply, so we sleep better. We find that as we are more relaxed, we let go of worry, guilt, and fear, so there is more room for enjoyment of our whole life. We find silver linings wherever we go. We find ourselves feeling joy in simply being alive. We find satisfaction in everything we do. Hooray for us!

How have I change from feeling helpless to using my super powers?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 05202013

No comments: