Monday, December 09, 2013

Blooming You

Blooming You

How do you feel when you are blossoming? How do you feel when you feel ripe and luscious? How do you feel when you feel brilliant and shiny? How do you feel when you know you are amazing?

The Universe exists, in all it’s infinite glory, to support your well being. You did know that, right?

At any given moment, all the resources you need are available to you. You may need to ask for them, you may need to seek them, you may deny yourself them, depending on the lessons you have to learn, but they are there.

Try that concept on for a bit: How do I feel when I know all the resources I need are available to me?

The next question, of course, is what do we need?

Finding our answers to this question is so important. We cannot give each other what we need if we don’t know what it is.

Infants have few needs; food, liquid, shelter, clean diapers, comfort, entertainment. As we age, our fundamental needs may stay the same, but our secondary needs, and our wants, shift and change, develop and mature.

What do I need? What do I want? How do I know what I want? How do I know what I need? How do I feel when I know what I want? What makes me sure?

Sometimes, I like to imagine the genie in the bottle, and what I would wish for. It used to be stuff. Now it’s more about changing habits and behavior. That kind of cracked me up. But it’s useful to imagine that you can get anything you need, you just need to ask, clearly.

Because that’s pretty true.

So I get to use my imagination, think about the situation I want to change, or the thing I don’t have, or the thing I don’t want anymore, and how to make a shift.

For instance, I don’t like feeling like I’m procrastinating, especially at home. I like feeling innocent when I’m relaxing, not like I’m avoiding something. I noticed that, on days when I was feeling really avoid-y, I would come home, and go straight upstairs to the TV. I would start watching, and tell myself that I would do X later, but somehow, suddenly, it was always past my bedtime.

I paid attention to the behavior, and realized that turning to the stairs was my start point for procrastinating my evening away. Now, I don’t go straight upstairs, I stay on the main floor, and get some stuff done. I love that. Often, I find that getting stuff done makes me wanna get stuff done, so I feel motivated and inspired. I have taken another step deeper into my natural life, and living there is so easy and enjoyable.

Taking a little bit of time now and then to see who I am, how I am, and to imagine how I want to be, trusting the Universe will provide me with what I need for my specific lessons, goals, and treats.

How have I changed from plodding along in my life to living with joy and depth and wonder?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 12092013

If you like a contemplation, please share it. It's nice to get the word out. Thanks. How do you know you are amazing?

Creative Question Card Decks are on sale through December 22, 20% off!  www.tinyurl.com/AmazonCQcards

No comments: