Friday, December 20, 2013

It’s All in Your Head

It’s All in Your Head

Ease! Peace! Enjoyment! Happiness! Contentment! Bliss! You, too, can experience these in the comfort of your own home!

It’s the Pamco EZ-LYF Joymaker! Just put your crappy life in at this end, turn the crank, and the crap is all clean off leaving you with a wonderful life you love!

Ok, so I made that up. On the other hand, we can turn our crappy lives into a life we love living.

Bottom line; we are the leader of our own life. Bottom line; we choose our attitude. Bottom line; we steer our own ship.

In the privacy of our own minds, we choose, or we stay stuck. We choose to keep things as they are going, no matter how bad they are, or we choose to change it.

In the privacy of our own hearts, we know that we can’t change each other. We know we have only so much of an impact on the outside stuff. We know that the place where we can really effect change is in our minds. It’s all in our head.

Oh, those doctors didn’t mean what I mean when they told me “it’s all in your head.” They may have been saying, “I don’t have a freakin’ clue why you are in pain, so I will blame you because I feel inadequate.” But the solution to my troubles is in my head. A huge portion of what I think of as my troubles have come about because of my choices.

Why could it be easy? Why would it be easy? Why is it just so easy?

When I focus on how hard my life is, my life is hard. When I look for all the ways it’s easy, it really and truly gets easier.

Do you believe me about that yet? Have you tried it on the little things? Why is my timing perfect? Why do things go my way? Why do I find what I want?

I use Creative Questions on my way to the bus. I use Creative Questions in the parking lot. I use Creative Questions when I go to the store, or check the mailbox. Really. Practicing on the small, the medium, so that when I need ‘em for the big stuff, I’ve got it. Then, I have already made the new grooves in my brain with my good Creative Questions.

I use Creative Questions before challenging phone calls, or before sending certain emails. I use them to help me imagine the best outcome. Mostly, then, I get those outcomes. The first few times I tried this, I was blown away. Now I mostly take it for granted. Why do I know the outcome?

When I set me up with good Creative Questions, my whole physical being shifts a little. That means my voice will shift a bit. Between my NLP stuff and voice over training, I can tell you, your emotions show in your voice. I know, it’s wacky, but you can hear people smiling over the phone. You really can. And if you have a smile in your voice when you call customer service, you will have waaay better results than if you call bent.

The more I remember to use these tools, the easier my life gets. It’s easy for me to feel relaxed. Why do I feel so relaxed? It’s easy to get to peaceful. Why am I peaceful? It’s easy to think that stuff is easy. Why is it all so easy ? I practice and then I have it when the really big stuff hits. I know I just said that, but it’s important.  Maybe the Pamco EZ-LYF Joymaker is just that easy.

How have I changed from “why is it so hard?” to “why is it all just so easy?”

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 12202013

No comments: