Saturday, December 07, 2013

Changing My Ways


Changing My Ways

I am not my behavior. You aren’t, either. This is really important, especially if we have feelings of being bad and wrong.

A lot of us feel like that. We feel like we can’t do enough. We feel like we can’t do it right. We feel like there is something wrong with us. Sometimes we end up feeling unloved or even unlovable.

Our feelings are born of our thoughts.

I am not my behavior. I am also not my thoughts. I am a divine and infinite being in human form, and subject to human frailties.

What?

All that means, is that I can take a step back and think about what I think about. How cool is that. It means that I can develop an awareness of self that reaches deep inside me. I can look at my thoughts and actions, and see patterns, and as I see those patterns I don’t like, I can come up with ways to change them. How fabulously cool is that!

I can change my ways.

In the dark ages, I felt like a prisoner of my stupid behavior and horrible judgment. I felt mired up to my neck in bad feelings, and feeling like I was a bad person.

If I find that I feel bad, wrong, useless, inadequate, incompetent, and so on, I have a nice, clear task. Because now that I know I am a divine and infinite being, I know that I am living a lie. I am good enough, I just need to get there. I can change my ways.

The easiest way I know to do that is to change the root of the thought that I’m not good enough. If I can find the first instance of me having that thought, and work through it there, all I have to do is watch for, and interrupt, the habit of it.

If I can’t find the root, Creative Questions will still erode that original trauma, and the more I work with my Creative Questions, the more I will relieve those bad feelings. I have even had the experience that the right Creative Question created instant results.

Why am I good enough. How do I know I am valuable? What makes me feel useful? Why am I so competent? How do I feel when I feel good enough?

The more I work with my questions, the more my thoughts will change. The more my thoughts change, the more my behavior changes. It’s automatic. And that makes it so easy.

Once I start experiencing these nice, new changes, I feel accomplished. Feeling accomplished feels good, and those feelings will grow. How am I accomplished? Why am I accomplished?
So, ask good Creative Questions with the results you want built in. Notice your new responses to your new thoughts. Watch for old habits, and interrupt them the moment you notice. I find that becoming still, or saying, “stop.” or taking a deep, slow breath is often enough to disrupt an old habit I want to change. Sometimes I find it useful to stick up notes on my walls to remind me, but be sure to either use your good Creative Questions, or a positive reminder.

How have I changed from feeling bad to knowing, believing, and feeling good enough?

(c) Pam Guthrie 2013 all rights reserved 12072013

If you like these posts, please share. Thanks. Why are you so amazing?


No comments: